November 23, 2012
The kitchen area is that section of the house that will get all untidy immediately and the worse point is, if you don’t deal with the clutter as well as messes straight away, they can create even larger troubles such as pest infestation and development of unwanted organisms. Most of the time, these issues are easy enough to handle - just allocate a few hours to have the task finished and you don’t only get back the beauty of your kitchen, but you will make it more functional.
When you’re confronted with mounds of clutter and garbage in your kitchen, Dubai organizing professionals list easy ways to tackle five common kitchen concerns.
1. Paper problem - Bills, letters, notices, brochures, newspapers you read while having coffee make up this matter. The issue about them is they just continually come plus the kitchen seems to be the ideal location to stock them so you can see them quickly and stay reminded of what you need to do. The best thing to carry out would be to produce a small section within your kitchen that enable you to discover them quickly yet keep them properly compartmentalised; designate shelves or mail sorter for the bills as well as letters, as for the newspapers, a part of the cupboard may be all you need. When it comes to notes, it’s preferable to only use a dry erase board as it’s far more environment-friendly.
2. An excessively large collection of dishes and utensils - Memorabilia mugs, glasses, handed down china, and everyday dishes may crowd your kitchen area. Find other uses of these things; really lovely china can serve as decorative plates which you can use in the other rooms of your house. Mugs and glasses, on the other hand, could be converted into pencil cases, make-up brush holders and office containers.
3. Overflowing pantry - Eliminate expired items or perhaps those that you’ll no longer have any use of. Herbs only keep their quality within 6 months so dispose those that have been around for about a year. For multiples of the same items, it’s advisable to replace their box containers and place all of them in a single huge container to save space and keep them fresh.
4. Trash - Waste is the bane of every homemaker. The secret is to keep the trash out of the picture and by logically setting small waste cans within regions of your kitchen where people like to discard products. Make sure that the trash cans have covers so garbage will be driven out of people’s sight.
5. Messy refrigerator - You should deal with this immediately because this could directly affect your family’s health. Defrost the refrigerator and eliminate old fruits and also other merchandise, or perhaps, if the items are nearing their expiration date, you could create your weekly menu based on these products; with this, no food is thrown away and you get to clean out your refrigerator as well. One more helpful strategy for this can be to divide the products accordingly (dairy, meat, produce). Seal off cut veggies, rinsed and dried fruits, meats, etc. and help make them readily available.
Filed under Kitchen Remodeling by Emmer Mantzis